4 Reasons to Use Ads on Facebook
- Everyone is on Facebook. It currently has 2.7 billion users! The trick with using Facebook ads is you don’t have to target them all. You just have to select a certain audience, and make sure that they click on your ad.
- Anyone can create a page in a click. When starting out you have many options to choose from.
- Reach the customers you want to sell to. There is an option to target the interests of people on Facebook. This is found in the Ad Center section of your page. For MSMEs, this is an advantage for providers such as wholesale, retail, and repair services. Example: if you sell automotive parts, you can direct your ads to people who own or are interested in cars.
- Content can go viral. If your ad is interesting enough, it will be shared to millions at no extra cost.
4 Reasons Not to Use Facebook Ads
- Boosting a single post. This requires extra budget from your business and it may bring unwanted attention.
- Users have to view it themselves. This is only seen when a user is logged-into the site and it appears on their feed.
- Time consuming. Making an ad takes time and effort to appear on your page. If your ad doesn’t catch their attention, it will be ignored.
- Having no strategy. While having a page sounds nice on paper it is best to have a posting schedule to keep your audience engaged.
Ads on Facebook are a tricky thing to do at first. Once you find the opportunity, use that to your advantage to make your product or service well-known. Keep going until you find the best one for you and the business.
Clement, J. (Aug 10, 2020). Facebook: number of monthly active users worldwide 2008-2020. Statista.com. Retrieved September 22, 2020 from https://www.statista.com/statistics/264810/number-of-monthly-active-facebook-users-worldwide/
Cannon, C. (January 10, 2020). Pros & Cons of Facebook Advertising. CMC Digital Smart Marketing. Retrieved September 22, 2020 from https://cmcdigitalsmart.com/social-media/pros-cons-facebook-advertising/
Cooper, P. (January 27, 2020). How the Facebook Algorithm Works in 2020 and How to Make it Work for You. Hootsuite. Retrieved September 22, 2020 from https://blog.hootsuite.com/facebook-algorithm/
Smith, L. (August 15, 2020). 22 Facebook Marketing Tips for Small Businesses on a Budget. WordStream. Retrieved September 22, 2020 from https://www.wordstream.com/blog/ws/2018/07/02/facebook-marketing-for-small-business
Top 8 Pros and Cons of Facebook Paid Ads. (January 28, 2019). CC Digital. Retrieved September 22, 2020 from https://www.ccdigital.co.uk/blog/top-8-pros-and-cons-of-facebook-paid-ads
FACEBOOK ADS PROS AND CONS FOR SMALL BUSINESSES. (April 19, 2017). Content Garden. Retrieved September 22, 2020 from https://www.contentgarden.org/facebook-ads-pros-cons-small-businesses/