As our way of celebrating International Women's Day 2021, we would like to feature SheTrades, an online platform for women entrepreneurs.
All Filipino business women are encouraged to register in SheTrades Philippines hub that will connect them to new overseas markets and help them learn more about running their businesses.
SheTrades is a unique platform by women and for women. According to their website, the platform brings businesswomen together to:
- "Connect with diverse businesses and build a strong network through which you can strike business deals, increase your credibility, and open doors to new opportunities.
- Offer and source products & services. Women-owned businesses can sell their products and services by posting offers on the platform. Buyers can then peruse offers, make orders and even post their own tenders on which sellers can bid.
- Learn new skills through a wide range of FREE e-learning materials. The Virtual Learning Space (VLS), online courses, live webinars and market tools cover various trade-related topics, to equip women entrepreneurs with knowledge and skills to grow their businesses.
- Participate in workshops, trade fairs and other business events. Within a growing number of countries, women entrepreneurs registered with SheTrades are given opportunities to attend dynamic and enriching in-country activities, all of which are made possible by ITC SheTrades partners and sponsors.
- Stay up to date with ITC SheTrades activities, news, success stories, videos, publications and more. There is a lot of action to be witnessed, information to be shared, and conversations to be had within the SheTrades community. Check out the different pages on the platform, and take part in interesting discussions within the forums. "
Last December, SheTrades was launched by the International Trade Centre (ITC) Department of Trade and Industry-Export Marketing Bureau (DTI-EMB). The platform seeks to connect three million women entrepreneurs to markets by 2021. The platform is also developing a digital transformation program to address the growing transition to e-commerce by many MSMEs.
Pippa McDougall, international consultant at ITC SheTrades initiative, discussed the plans for the platform, saying:
"We are working on getting more buyers into the platform. However, at the moment, the way we connect women with buyers is primarily through trade fairs and buyer (to seller trade events)....
So, we are looking to roll out a whole digital transformation program specifically for women entrepreneurs from the Philippines. So, this is really exciting and you can benefit from all these opportunities and more by registering for the hub on SheTrades.com."
She clarified that SheTrades does not provide financing:
"SheTrade works on a finance pillar through capacity building support to increase womens investment readiness and we also help to match investment-ready women with her network that could impact investors. So, we personally can't provide trade financing support, however, we are hoping to partner with other organizations that can provide financing."
The registration process is FREE and pretty straightforward. MSMEs will simply have to accomplish an assessment form.
"So, we can really understand your businesses and we can tailor our support to your businesses so this is really important. And we want to make sure that really the program we can offer is relevant to your business," said McDougall.
She added that the platform will send notifications to registered users on any new training opportunities that will be available. Other business support organizations (BSOs), even those that are not women-led, can also register on the platform.
For more information, check out the SheTrades website and sign up today!