Putting Your Products Online: eCommerce Websites to Help Reach a Wider Market
More and more businesses are putting their products online. The pandemic has provided an opportunity to explore e-commerce options so that businesses can bridge the gap between them and their buyers. But with all the marketing platforms available online, one has to take many factors into consideration. Ask questions like: Which one has more traffic, which ones have cheaper commission, which one is more popular?
Since we are committed to your success, we’ve put together the most popular eCommerce websites that can help your business grow:
Lazada is an online marketplace which sells a wide range of products from electronics to groceries. It has a high traffic of consumers and buyers which allows your store to be discoverable by thousands of potential clients.
- No start-up cost, fixed fees, listing fees and hidden costs.
- Commissions are charged per sale.
- Product listing with description, photo and other details
- Customer Feedback
- Discounts and promotions
- Payment Methods - Lazada Wallet, Credit/Debit card, Cash-on-Delivery, BDO Installment and Gcash
- Delivery Services - LEL Express, Entrego, Ninja Van, XDE Logistics, JRMT Universal Express, QuadX, LBC
Shopee is a social-first, mobile-centric marketplace tailored for Southeast Asia where users can browse, shop and sell on-the-go. It is a customer-to-customer (C2C) marketplace with payment and logistical support which also has a user-friendly app.
- List new or pre-loved products with description and set price
- Upload up to 9 photos for each listing
- Powerful promotions: gain views by joining in-app events
- Shopee Free Shipping programs that gives you subsidized shipping fees capped depending on location
As vendors, you can:
- Share your products to social media platforms
- Gather ratings and reviews from your buyers
- Secure payment method with Shopee Guarantee to eliminate fraud
- Inquire about products using Shopee Live Chat during real-time
- Organize inventories and measure store performance with Seller Assistant to figure out which products to restock or offer a discount on.
Carousell is a smartphone and web-based consumer-to-consumer and business-to-consumer for buying and selling new and secondhand goods that has acquired OLX Philippines in 2019. It is mostly used by users looking to sell and purchase underused or secondhand items.
- Free unlimited posting in selected categories
- No listing fees or additional charges and has no commission from any items sold from the app
- User Ratings and Reviews
- Smart Listings and Price Suggestions
- Image Search
- In-app Chat
- Coins, bumps, spotlight (Promotional features)
Exclusively a marketplace for fashion, Zalora is where you will find curated selection of independent fashion brands that showcase unique products and styles online. It is recommended for already-established brands, especially on fashion, make-up and skincare, but it is not ideal for newly established businesses.
- Zalora Migration can be used as a free service to move products but only to SiteGiant websites
- Popup stores that offer physical products to try on with free wifi to browse collections online and hands-free shipping
- Image Search
- Fast Loading Speed
- Detailed Product Description
- Virtual Size Guides
- Virtual Fitting Rooms
- Personalized Customer Experience
- Community Engagement
- Marketing Exposure
- Intuitive Seller Center
- Delivery Services
- Multiple Payment Methods
Facebook Marketplace has a relevancy-sorted feed of things to buy and quickly list stuff for sale. Facebook Messenger lets you haggle prices or arrange meet-ups which allows access to a wide range of potential buyers especially within the area.
- No listing fees or taxes (chargeback fees where applicable)
- Browse To Buy
- Filtered feed for easy search
- Easy set up
- Search filter narrows down possible search results
The possibilities are endless when it comes to e-commerce and you can efficiently market your products on more than one of these platforms. With a stable Internet connection and enough electricity, you can easily set up and maintain your online store. As soon as you put your products online, you will significantly increase your customer reach. Make the shift to digital today and take your business to greater heights.